Wednesday 9 November 2016

The face behind the makeup stash - Who is she? And why is she here?

Hello is it me you're looking for?

Nope, you're looking for makeup I'm sure. You probably don't really care about the woman behind the instagram posts or behind this blog. But hey, you're here, so you might aswell read this. As this is my first ever blog post, I decided to make it all about me. Not in a ladida look at me way. In a, "hi this is who I am" and what I do besides buy makeup. Wait... I don't do anything else...

If you haven't guessed already, My name is Natalie and I'm a beautyholic. Yeah not a word but it should be. I'm 27 years old and I live in Sydney. You would have a hard time guessing but I wasn't always into makeup. Well, I was and I wasn't. In highschool I was terrible at makeup. I started out with mascara. I was obsessed with thick black lashes. My weapon of choice was the Covergirl Lash Blast fusion I believe, but I had a few. I then migrated onto a bit of smokey eyeliner, powder and bronzer. After highschool I kicked things up a notch and bought a foundation and discovered primer. I liked makeup, but I wasn't really sure about what I was doing. I never watched youtube and I never wanted to ask the makeup counters for help because I was afraid they would just try to sell me things when I just wanted to learn (but also buy too).

Fast forward to when I turned 25. I went through a big rough patch. But lets not get emotional. And I just woke up one day fed up with my makeup and I decided I wanted to improve my skills. I googled, " foundation for oily/combination skin" and I came across Casey Holmes, a youtuber who had the same skin issues I seemed to have. I was amazed with everything she said in that video and thats what started my love for makeup. I found more and more youtubers and I watched religiously. I started to buy a few products and brushes and my makeup and skills got better and better. I started feeling better about myself, not because of wearing makeup, but because I've never been someone who knew what they wanted to do in life - career wise.

I decided to start posting on instagram to see my progress and found this wonderful world where many others were doing the same and posting what they loved. Makeup.

I started to look into beauty advisor jobs and courses to do as I decided I wanted to be around makeup and teach others what I had learnt (and am still learning all the time!). After a couple of years working my ass off, I am where I wanna be. I am a Priceline Beauty Advisor. And no its not easy. But I love it and I'm happy. I am still loving the social media world so thats why I decided to create a blog to go along side my instagram account. Sometimes I have more to say about products but feel limited to instagram. I am also creating a youtube account but the editing takes alot of time which is scarce when you're only home for 3 hours a day to do what you need to. But I'm not trying to complain. This is what I chose to do and i'm damn well going to do it. Not matter how long it takes. I'll get there.

So thats the basics of how I came to be a beauty addict. I'm always on the hunt for the best and the prettiest of products and this is where I will be sharing whatever information I can pass onto you guys.

If you read through this,wow you're dedicated. And I respect that. Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings and my future posts will be about makeup. I promise!

Oh and if you guys have any questions, just leave a comment!

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment